1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
Read the following passage carefully and answer the following questions:
Above all, the linguistic states underlined the acceptance of the principle of diversity. When we say that India adopted democracy, it does not simply mean that India embraced a democratic constitution, nor does it merely mean that India adopted the format of elections. The choice was larger than that. It was a choice in favour of recognising and accepting the existence of differences which could at times be oppositional. Democracy, in other words, was associated with plurality of ideas and ways of life.
- What is meant by 'linguistic states'?
- Why were linguistic states formed in India? Explain any two reasons.
- How is democracy in India associated with plurality of ideas and ways of life?