1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
- Standing Waves in Strings and Organ Pipes
- Fundamental Mode and Harmonics
- fundamental mode or the first harmonic, second harmonic
A pipe 20 cm long is closed at one end. Which harmonic mode of the pipe is resonantly excited by a 430 Hz source? Will the same source be in resonance with the pipe if both ends are open? (Speed of sound in air is 340 m s–1).
A bat is flitting about in a cave, navigating via ultrasonic beeps. Assume that the sound emission frequency of the bat is 40 kHz. During one fast swoop directly toward a flat wall surface, the bat is moving at 0.03 times the speed of sound in air. What frequency does the bat hear reflected off the wall?