1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
- Diamagnetic, Paramagnetic, and Ferromagnetic Substances, with Examples
undefined video tutorial00:37:22
- Material Magnetism Characteristics
undefined video tutorial00:54:42
- Dia and Para Magnetic Material
undefined video tutorial00:53:17
- Diamagnetism, Paramagnetism, Ferromagnetism
undefined video tutorial00:02:58
- Matter and Magnetism part 24 (Electron theory of paramagnetism)
undefined video tutorial00:06:16
- Matter and Magnetism part 23 (Electron theory of dimagnetism)
undefined video tutorial00:14:58
- Matter and Magnetism part 25 (Electron theory of ferromagnetism)
undefined video tutorial00:09:50
In what way is the behaviour of a diamagnetic material different from that of a paramagnetic, when kept in an external magnetic field?
An iron rod of area of cross-section 0.1m2 is subjected to a magnetising field of 1000 A/m. Calculate the magnetic permeability of the iron rod. [Magnetic susceptibility of iron = 59.9, magnetic permeability of vacuum = 4π x 10-7 S. I. unit]
Out of the two magnetic materials, 'A' has relative permeability slightly greater than unity while 'B' has less than unity. Identify the nature of the materials 'A' and 'B'. Will their susceptibilities be positive or negative?
Show diagrammatically the behaviour of magnetic field lines in the presence of (i) paramagnetic and (ii) diamagnetic substances. How does one explain this distinguishing feature?