- Lines of symmetry of an isosceles triangle, equilateral triangle, rhombus, square, rectangle, pentagon, hexagon, octagon (all regular) and diamondshaped figure.
- Being given a figure, to draw its lines of symmetry. Being given part of one of the figures listed above to draw the rest of the figure based on the given lines of symmetry (neat recognizable free hand sketches acceptable)
undefined video tutorial00:12:45
Use graph paper for this question) (4)
A(0, 3), B(3, −2) and O(0, 0) are the vertices of triangle ABO.
(1) Plot the triangle on a graph sheet taking 2 cm = 1 unit on both the axes.1
(2) Plot D the reflection of B in the Y-axis, and write its coordinates.
(3) Give the geometrical name of the figure ABOD.
(4) Write the equation of the line of symmetry of the figure ABOD.
Using graph paper and taking 1 cm = 1 unit along both x-axis and y-axis.
1) Plot the points A(–4, 4) and B(2, 2).
2) Reflect A and B in the origin to get the images A’ and B’ respectively.
3) Write down the coordinates of A’ and B’.
4) Give the geometrical name for the figure ABA’B’.
5) Draw and name its lines of symmetry.
Use a graph paper for this question (Take 2 cms = 1 unit on both x and y-axis)
1) Plot the following points:A(0, 4), B(2, 3), C(1, 1) and D(2, 0)
2) Reflect points B, C, D on the y-axis and write down their coordinates. Name the images as B’, C’, D’ respectively
3) Join the points A, B, C, D, D’, C’, B’ and A in order, so as to form a closed figure. Write
down the equation of the line of symmetry of the figure formed
Use a graph paper for this question taking 1 cm = 1 unit along both the x and y-axis :
1) Plot the points A(0, 5), B(2, 5), C(5, 2), D(5, -2), E(2, -5) and F(0, -5).
2) Reflect the points B, C, D and E on the y-axis and name them respectively as B’, C’, D’ and E’.
3) Write the coordinates of B’, C’, D’ and E’.
4) Name the figure formed by B C D E E’ D’ C’ B’.
5) Name a line of symmetry for the figure formed.
Use graph paper to answer the following questions. (Take 2 cm = 1 unit on both axes)
1) Plot the points A( -4, 2) and B(2, 4)
2) A' is the image of A when reflected at the y-axis. Plot it on the graph paper and write the coordinates of A'.
3) B' is the image of B when reflected on the line AA'. Write the coordinates of B'.
4) Write the geometric name of the figure ABA'B'.
5) Name a line of symmetry of the figure formed
Use graph paper for this question. (Take 2 cm = 1 unit along both x and y-axis.) Plot the points O(0, 0), A(-4, 4), B(-3, 0) and C(0, -3)
1) Reflect points A and B on the y-axis and name them A’ and B’ respectively. Write down their coordinates.
2) Name the figure OABCB’A’.
3) State the line of symmetry of this figure
A doorway is decorated as shown in the figure. There are four semi-circles. BC, the diameter of the larger semi-circle is of length 84 cm. Centres of the three equal semicircles lie on BC. ABC is an isosceles triangle with AB = AC. If BO = OC, find the area of the shaded region. (Take `pi = 22/7`)
Use a graph paper to answer the following questions (Take 1 cm = 1 unit on both axes)
1) Plot A(4,4), B(4,-6) and C(8,0), the vertices of a triangle ABC.
2) Reflect ABC on the y-axis and name it A’B’C’.
3) Write the coordinates of the images A’, B’ and C’.
4) Give a geometrical name for the figure AA’ C’ B’ BC.
5) Identify the line of symmetry of AA’ C’ BC’.