1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
- Validating the Statements Involving the Connecting Words
- statement “p and q”, Statements with “Or”, Statements with “If-then”, Statements with “if and only if ”
By giving a counter example, show that the following statements are not true.
q: The equation x2 – 1 = 0 does not have a root lying between 0 and 2.
Show that the statement
p: “If x is a real number such that x3 + 4x = 0, then x is 0” is true by
(i) direct method
(ii) method of contradiction
(iii) method of contrapositive
Show that the following statement is true by the method of contrapositive.
p: If x is an integer and x2 is even, then x is also even.
Show that the statement “For any real numbers a and b, a2 = b2 implies that a = b” is not true by giving a counter-example.