1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
- Salient Features of Human Genome
- Applications and Future Challenges
(a) What do ‘Y’ and ‘B’ stand for in ‘YAC’ and ‘BAC’ used in Human Genome Project (HGP). Mention their role in the project.
(b) Write the percentage of the total human genome that codes for proteins and the percentage of discovered genes whose functions are known as observed during HGP.
(c) Expand ‘SNPs’ identified by scientists in HGP
In which of the following haploid cells a whole genome in human being is present?
- somatic cell
- mature RBC
- primary spermatocyte