Electric Current and Electrical Resistance
- Current Electricity part 6 (Charge Carrier in Solid)
undefined video tutorial00:08:17
- Current Electricity part 27 (Examples, Numericals :- Symmetry Problem)
undefined video tutorial00:12:01
- Current Electricity part 30 (Examples, Numericals)
undefined video tutorial00:11:53
- Current Electricity part 19 (Examples, Numericals)
undefined video tutorial00:14:20
- Current Electricity part 12 (Resistance)
undefined video tutorial00:05:05
- Current Electricity part 7 (Charge Carrier Liquid, Gas)
undefined video tutorial00:11:16
- Current Electricity part 2 (Ampere, Charge flow)
undefined video tutorial00:10:34
A potentiometer wire of length 1 m has a resistance of 10 Ω. It is connected to a 6 V battery in series with a resistance of 5 Ω. Determine the emf of the primary cell which gives a balance point at 40 cm.
During a thunderstorm the 'live' wire of the transmission line fell down on the ground from the poles in the street. A group of boys, who passed through, noticed it and some of them wanted to place the wire by the side. As they were approaching the wire and trying to lift the cable, Anuj noticed it and immediately pushed them away, thus preventing them from touching the live wire. During pushing some of them got hurt. Anuj took them to a doctor to get them medical aid.
Based on the above paragraph, answer the following questions :
(a) Write the two values which Anuj displayed during the incident.
(b) Why is it that a bird can sit on a suspended 'live' wire without any harm whereas touching it on the ground can give a fatal shock ?
(c) The electric power from a power plant is set up to a very high voltage before transmitting it to distant consumers. Explain, why.