If the empirical formula of a compound is CH and it has a vapor density of 13, find the molecular formula of the compound.
Consider the following reaction and based on the reaction answer the questions that follow:
1) the quantity in moles of (NH4)2Cr2O7 if 63gm of(NH4)2Cr2O7 is heated.
2) the quantity in moles of nitrogen formed.
3) the volume in liters or dm3 of N2 evolved at S.T.P.
4) the mass in grams of Cr2O3 formed at the same time
(Atomic masses: H=1, Cr= 52, N=14]
A compound made up of two elements X and Y has an empirical formula X2Y. If the atomic weight of X is 10 and that of Y is 5 and the compound ha a vapor density 25, find its molecular formula.
Identify the term or substance based on the descriptions given below:
The property by virtue of which the compound has the same molecular formula but different structural formulae.
A gaseous hydrocarbon contains 82.76% of carbon. Given that its vapor density is 29, find its molecular formula. [C = 12, H = 11]
Ethane burns in oxygen to form CO2 and H2O according to the equation:
`2C_2H_6+7O_2 -> 4CO_2 + 6H_2O`
If 1250 cc of oxygen is burnt with 300 cc of ethane.
1) the volume of `CO_2` formed
2) the volume of unused `O_2`