find the areas of such pathways or borders
A 3 m wide path runs outside and around a rectangular park of length 125 m and breadth 65 m. Find the area of the path.
Pragya wrapped a cord around a circular pipe of radius 4 cm (adjoining figure) and cut off the length required of the cord. Then she wrapped it around a square box of side 4 cm (also shown). Did she have any cord left? (π= 3.14)
A verandah of width 2.25 m is constructed all along outside a room which is 5.5 m long and 4 m wide. Find:
1) the area of the verandah
2) the cost of cementing the floor of the verandah at the rate of Rs 200 per m2.
The adjoining figure represents a rectangular lawn with a circular flower bed in the
1) the area of the whole land
2) the area of the flower bed
3) the area of the lawn excluding the area of the flower bed
4) the circumference of the flower bed.
Through a rectangular field of length 90 m and breadth 60 m, two roads are constructed which are parallel to the sides and cut each other at right angles through the centre of the fields. If the width of each road is 3 m, find
1)the area covered by the roads.
2) the cost of constructing the roads at the rate of Rs 110 per m2.
A picture is painted on a cardboard 8 cm long and 5 cm wide such that there is a margin of 1.5 cm along each of its sides. Find the total area of the margin.