1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
Chemical Thermodynamics and Energetic
300 M mol of perfect gas occupies 13 L at 320 K. Calculate the work done in joules when the gas expands-
(a) isothermally against a Constant external pressure of 0.20atm.
(b) isothermal and reversible process.
(c) into vaccum until the volume of gas is increased by 3L (R=8.314J mol-1 K-1)
Which of the following pairs is an intensive property?
(A) Density, viscosity
(B) Surface tension, mass
(C) Viscosity, internal energy
(D) Heat capacity, volume
Absolute entropies of solids, liquids and gases can be determined by
- Measuring heat capacity of substance at various temperatures
- Subtracting standard entropy of reactants from products
- Measuring vibrational motion of molecules
- Using formula ΔS° = ST° - SO°
55 L atm of work is obtained when 1.0 mole of an ideal gas is compressed isothermally from
a volume of 28.5 L to 18.5 L, the constant external pressure is
(A) 5.05 atm
(B) 5.5 atm
(C) 0.05 atm
(D) 0.55 atm
One mole of a gas expands by 3L against a constant pressure of 3 atmosphere. Calculate the work done in -