1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
- From primary alcohols and aldehydes
- From alkylbenzenes
- From nitriles and amides
- From Grignard reagents
- From acyl halides and anhydrides
- From esters
An organic compound (A) (molecular formula C8H16O2) was hydrolysed with dilute sulphuric acid to give a carboxylic acid (B) and an alcohol (C). Oxidation of (C) with chromic acid produced (B). (C) on dehydration gives but-1-ene.Write equations for the reactions involved.
On acid hydrolysis, propane nitrile gives
(b) acetic acid
(d) propanoic acid
An organic compound with the molecular formula C9H10O forms 2, 4-DNP derivative, reduces Tollens’ reagent and undergoes Cannizzaro reaction. On vigorous oxidation, it gives 1, 2-benzenedicarboxylic acid. Identify the compound.