1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
- Bernoulli's Theorem and Its Applications
- Bernoulli’s equation
- Speed of Efflux: Torricelli’s Law
- Blood Flow and Heart Attack
- Dynamic Lift - Ball moving without spin, Ball moving with spin, Magnus effect, Aerofoil or lift on aircraft wing
In a test experiment on a model aeroplane in a wind tunnel, the flow speeds on the upper and lower surfaces of the wing are 70 m s–1and 63 m s–1 respectively. What is the lift on the wing if its area is 2.5 m2? Take the density of air to be 1.3 kg m–3.
In deriving Bernoulli’s equation, we equated the work done on the fluid in the tube to its change in the potential and kinetic energy. (a) What is the largest average velocity of blood flow in an artery of diameter 2 × 10–3 m if the flow must remain laminar? (b) Do the dissipative forces become more important as the fluid velocity increases? Discuss qualitatively.
Fill in the blanks using the word(s) from the list appended with each statement
For the model of a plane in a wind tunnel, turbulence occurs at a ... speed for turbulence for an actual plane (greater / smaller)
The cylindrical tube of a spray pump has a cross-section of 8.0 cm2 one end of which has 40 fine holes each of diameter 1.0 mm. If the liquid flow inside the tube is 1.5 m min–1, what is the speed of ejection of the liquid through the holes?
Figures (a) and (b) refer to the steady flow of a (non-viscous) liquid. Which of the two figures is incorrect? Why?