Two solid spheres of radii 2 cm and 4 cm are melted and recast into a cone of height 8 cm. Find the radius of the cone so formed.
A solid cone of radius 5 cm and height 8 cm is melted and made into small spheres of radius 0.5 cm. Find the number of spheres formed.
On a map drawn to a scale of 1: 50,000, a rectangular plot of land ABCD has the following dimensions. AB = 6 cm; BC = 8 cm and all angles are right angles. Find:
1) the actual length of the diagonal distance AC of the plot in km.
2) the actual area of the plot in sq. km.
The surface area of a solid metallic sphere is 2464 cm2. It is melted and recast into solid right circular cones of radius 3.5 cm and height 7 cm. Calculate:
1) the radius of the sphere
2) the number of cones recast. (Take π = 22/17)
A certain number of metallic cones, each of radius 2 cm and height 3 cm are melted and recast into a solid sphere of radius 6 cm. Find the number of cones.
A model of a ship is made to a scale 1: 300
1) The length of the model of the ship is 2 m. Calculate the lengths of the ship.
2) The area of the deck ship is 180,000 m2. Calculate the area of the deck of the model.
3) The volume of the model in 6.5 m3. Calculate the volume of the ship.