1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
- LCR Series Circuit
- Phasor-diagram solution
- Analytical solution
- Resonance - Sharpness of resonance
- Alternating current part 14 (Impedance in LCR circuit)
undefined video tutorial00:04:01
- Alternating current part 31 (Numericals)
undefined video tutorial00:12:02
- Alternating current part 13 (Series LCR circuit)
undefined video tutorial00:05:38
- Alternating current part 16 (Phasor diagram Series LCR circuit)
undefined video tutorial00:14:10
- Alternating current part 15 (AC voltage to LCR circuit series)
undefined video tutorial00:14:29
- Alternating Current L.C.R. Series circuit
undefined video tutorial00:41:43
A voltage V = V0 sin ωt is applied to a series LCR circuit. Derive the expression for the average power dissipated over a cycle. Under what condition (i) no power is dissipated even though the current flows through the circuit, (ii) maximum power is dissipated in the circuit?
In a series LCR circuit connected to an a.c. source of voltage v = vmsinωt, use phasor diagram to derive an expression for the current in the circuit. Hence, obtain the expression for the power dissipated in the circuit. Show that power dissipated at resonance is maximum
A series LCR circuit is connected across an a.c. source of variable angular frequency 'ω'. Plot a graph showing variation of current 'i' as a function of 'ω' for two resistances R1 and R2 (R1 > R2).
Answer the following questions using this graph :
(a) In which case is the resonance sharper and why?
(b) In which case in the power dissipation more and why?