Water: A Wonder Liquid
The different forms of water present on the earth are:
Water Vapour – found in the atmosphere
Saline Water – found in seas and oceans
Freshwater – found in frozen ice caps, snow-covered mountains, underground, rivers, lakes and ponds
Why water is a necessity for life?
- The presence of water in a region decides the biodiversity of that area to a great extent.
- The cellular processes take place in the water-like-medium.
- A major constituent of blood is water which allows it to carry substances throughout the body.
- Water helps in regulating the body temperature in animals and human beings.
- It prevents the tissues, organs and cells from drying out by keeping them moist.
- Water helps in digestion of food.
- Water helps in the removal of waste products out of the cells.
- Plants also require water to transport food through different parts such as the stem and leaves and also in the process of photosynthesis.