- Drawing double bar graph
The performance of students in 1st Term and 2nd Term is given. Draw a double bar graph choosing appropriate scale and answer the following:
|1st Term (M.M. 100)||67||72||88||81||73|
|2nd Term (M.M. 100)||70||65||95||85||75|
1) In which subject, has the child improved his performance the most?
2) In which subject is the improvement the least?
3) Has the performance gone down in any subject?
Read the bar graph (see the given figure) which shows the number of books sold by a bookstore during five consecutive years and answer the questions that follow:
1) About how many books were sold in 1989? 1990? 1992?
2) In which year were about 475 books sold? About 225 books sold?
3) In which years were fewer than 250 books sold?
4) Can you explain how you would estimate the number of books sold in 1989?
Consider this data collected from a survey of a colony.
1) Draw a double bar graph choosing an appropriate scale. What do you infer from the bar graph?
2) Which sport is most popular?
3) Which is more preferred, watching or participating in sports?
Take the data giving the minimum and the maximum temperature of various cities given in the following table:
|Temperatures of the cities as on 20.6.2006|
|Ahmedabad||38 ºC||29 ºC|
|Amritsar||37 ºC||26 ºC|
|Banglore||28 ºC||21 ºC|
|Chennai||36 ºC||27 ºC|
|Delhi||38 ºC||28 ºC|
|Jaipur||39 ºC||29 ºC|
|Jammu||41 ºC||26 ºC|
|Mumbai||32 ºC||27 ºC|
Plot a double bar graph using the data and answer the following:
1) Which city has the largest difference in the minimum and maximum temperature on the given date?
2) Which is the hottest city and which is the coldest city?
3) Name two cities where maximum temperature of one was less than the minimum temperature of the other.
4) Name the city which has the least difference between its minimum and the maximum temperature.
Number of children in six different classes are given below. Represent the data on a bar graph.
|Number of children||135||120||95||100||90||80|
1) How would you choose a scale?
2) Answer the following questions:
a) Which class has the maximum number of children? And the minimum?
b) Find the ratio of students of class sixth to the students of class eight.