Constitution and Government
Forms of Government
Franchise and Representation
Organs of the Government
- What is an Executive
- Functions of Executive
- Discretionary Power of the President
- Civil Service
- Difference Between the Political Executive and the Permanent Executive
- Political Executive in India and U.S.A. - a Comparative Study
- Powers and Functions of Executive Heads of U.S.A. (President)
- Changing Role of the Indian Prime Minister in the Coalition Era (1996 Onwards) - with Reference to Increasing Role of Regional Political Parties
- Introduction and Composition of Judiciary
- Conditions of Independence of Judiciary
- Judiciary in India and U.S.A
- Judicial Review
- Principles and Critical Evaluation with Special Reference to U.S.A. and India
- Judicial Activism
- Judicial Restraint
- Supreme Court - Composition, Qualifications of Judges, Appointment
- Characteristics of Indian Constitution
- Salient Features of the Indian Constitution - Written and Comprehensive
- Federal Structure with Unitary Spirit
- Partly Rigid and Partly Flexible
- Single Citizenship
- Single Integrated and Independent Judiciary
- Emergency Powers
- Special Provisions for Schedule Castes and Schedule Tribes.
Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles
Democracy in India - a Perspective of the Challenges Faced
- Challenges Faced by the Indian Democracy - Caste
- Challenges Faced by the Indian Democracy - Communalism
- Challenges Faced by the Indian Democracy - Regionalism
- Challenges Faced by the Indian Democracy - Political Violence
- Strengthening Indian Democracy - Measures to Overcome the Challenges Faced by Indian Democracy
A class was debating the merits of a bicameral system. The following points were made during the discussion. Read the arguments and say if you agree or disagree with each of them, giving reasons.
√ Neha said that bicameral legislature does not serve any purpose.
√ Shama argued that experts should be nominated in the second chamber.
√ Tridib said that if a country is not a federation, then there is no need to have a second chamber.