Population : Part - 1
- Distribution of Population
- Patterns of Population Distribution in the World
- Geographical Factors Affecting Population Distribution
- Geographical Factors Affecting Population Distribution - Physical Factors
- Geographical Factors Affecting Population Distribution - Human Factors
- Components of Population Change
- Population Growth
- Population Growth and Explosion
Population : Part - 2
Human Settlements and Land Use
Primary Economic Activities
Secondary Economic Activities
- Physical Factors Affecting Secondary Economic Activities
- Economic Factors Affecting Secondary Economic Activities
- Political Factors Affecting Secondary Economic Activities
- Other Factors Affecting Secondary Economic Activities
- Footloose Industries
- Industrial Regions
- Major Industrial Regions of the World
- Classification of Industries
Tertiary Economic Activities
Region and Regional Development
- Types of Regions
- Regional Development
- Factors Affecting Regional Development
- Physical Factors and Regional Development
- Population and Regional Development
- Land Use and Regional Development
- Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary Economic Activities and Regional Development
- Regional Imbalance
- Causes of Regional Imbalances in India
- Strategies to Reduce Regional Imbalance
Geography : Nature and Scope
- Meaning and Definition of Transport
Assertion: Ocean water transport is the cheapest mode of transport.
Reason: 71% water is found on the earth surface.
Read the following passage and answer the question given below
Transport is the movement of a person or thing from one place to another. So the transfer of thoughts or ideas is communication. The distribution of resources is not the same everywhere so where there is a shortage of resources. They are transported to such places. Raw materials are processed in factories and finished goods are transported to markets by means of transportation.
From time immemorial, human beings have been using the means of transportation to transport goods. In the early days, humans used to carry loads to their destination for long periods of time as a means of transportation. From the earliest times load-bearing humans to animals and later handcarts to modern vehicles, the order of evolution evolved.
Even today, animals are widely used for transportation in rural, mountainous, desert or snow-covered areas. The traditional system of transportation has been revolutionized by the invention of powerful engines and vehicles. Modern vehicles have increased not only the speed of transportation but also the carrying capacity. People are more in touch with each other because of the faster transportation system.
- What is transportation?
- Write the order in which traffic evolved?
- What is transportation used for?
- In which region animals are used for transportation?