Match the terms with their meaning:
|1. Confidence Building Measures (CBMs)||(a) Giving up certain types of weapons.|
|2. Arms Control||(b) A process of exchanging information on defence matters between nations on a regular basis.|
|3. Alliance||(c) A coalition of nations meant to deter or defend against military attacks.|
|4. Disarmament||(d) Regulates the acquisition of development of weapons.|
Nuclear weapons as deterrence or defence have limited usage against contemporary security threats to states. Explain the statement.
Which among the following would you consider as a traditional security concern/non-traditional/not a threat?
- The spread of chikungunya/dengue fever
- Inflow of workers from a neighbouring nation.
- Emergence of a group demanding nationhood for their region.
- Emergence of a group demanding autonomy for their region.
- A newspaper that is critical of the armed-forces in the country.