Population : Part - 1
- Distribution of Population
- Patterns of Population Distribution in the World
- Geographical Factors Affecting Population Distribution
- Geographical Factors Affecting Population Distribution - Physical Factors
- Geographical Factors Affecting Population Distribution - Human Factors
- Components of Population Change
- Population Growth
- Population Growth and Explosion
Population : Part - 2
Human Settlements and Land Use
Primary Economic Activities
Secondary Economic Activities
- Physical Factors Affecting Secondary Economic Activities
- Economic Factors Affecting Secondary Economic Activities
- Political Factors Affecting Secondary Economic Activities
- Other Factors Affecting Secondary Economic Activities
- Footloose Industries
- Industrial Regions
- Major Industrial Regions of the World
- Classification of Industries
Tertiary Economic Activities
Region and Regional Development
- Types of Regions
- Regional Development
- Factors Affecting Regional Development
- Physical Factors and Regional Development
- Population and Regional Development
- Land Use and Regional Development
- Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary Economic Activities and Regional Development
- Regional Imbalance
- Causes of Regional Imbalances in India
- Strategies to Reduce Regional Imbalance
Geography : Nature and Scope
If you would like to contribute notes or other learning material, please submit them using the button below.
Read the following passage and answer the question given below
|The economic development of any country requires careful planning and implementation. The need for planned development in the tourism sector is very important. In this, many industries are working together in a complex way and they need special attention. Basically, planning is an attempt to allocate limited resources with a view to maximizing the production, income and employment in various competitions and ensuring proper growth of different sectors. Tourism planning is one such process through which certain objectives can be achieved and attention can be paid to tourism development. Creating, upgrading and improving destinations for tourists is a long-term and ongoing process. Communities are the basic principles of tourism. It mainly depends on the level of action shown by the local community. Their participation in the process is essential. The development of tourism mainly affects the economy of the host community through environmental, social, cultural and any other destinations. These results create negative as well as positive effects. Planning is essential for the sustainable development of the destination to minimize negative impacts and drive positive outcomes.|
- Why the tourism sector feels the need for planning?
- What is the importance of communities in planning?
- State any two benefits of planning.
- What factors affect the economy of the host community?
- Why planning is a long term task?
Advertisement Remove all ads
- OR -