- Concept of Rational Numbers
- Addition of Rational Number
- Subtraction of Rational Number
- Multiplication of Rational Numbers
- Division of Rational Numbers
- Rational Numbers on a Number Line
- Inserting Rational Numbers Between Two Given Rational Numbers
- Method of Finding a Large Number of Rational Numbers Between Two Given Rational Numbers
Squares and Square Root
Cubes and Cube Roots
Playing with Numbers
Ratio and Proportion
Percent and Percentage
Profit, Loss and Discount
Direct and Inverse Variations
- Algebraic Expressions
- Degree of Polynomial
- Product , Factor and Coefficient
- Like and Unlike Terms
- Combining like Terms
- Multiplying Monomial by Monomials
- Multiplying a Monomial by a Polynomial
- Multiplying a Polynomial by a Polynomial
- Dividing a Monomial by a Monomial
- Dividing a Polynomial by a Monomial
- Dividing a Polynomial by a Polynomial
- Simplification of Expressions
Linear Equations in One Variable
Special Types of Quadrilaterals
- Introduction of Constructions
- Construction of an Angle
- To Construct an Angle Equal to Given Angle
- To Draw the Bisector of a Given Angle
- Construction of Angles of 60°,30°,90° and 45°
- Construction of Bisector of a Line
- Drawing the Perpendicular Bisector of a Line Segment
- Construction of Parallel Lines
- Constructing a Quadrilateral
- Construction of Parallelograms
- Construction of a Rectangle When Its Length and Breadth Are Given.
- Construction of Rhombus
- Construction of Square
- Concept of Reflection Symmetry
Representing 3-D in 2-D
Area of a Trapezium and a Polygon
Surface Area, Volume and Capacity
Data Handling (Statistics)
- Unitary Method
- Sharing of the money for work
A can do a piece of work in 24 days, A and B can do it in 16 days and A, B, and C in `10 2/3` days. In how many days can A and C do it working together?
A and B complete a piece of work in 24 days. B and C do the same work in 36 days; and A, B, and C together finish it in 18 days. In how many days will:
(i) A alone,
(ii) C alone,
(iii) A and C together, complete the work?
A and B can do a piece of work in 40 days; B and C in 30 days; and C and A in 24 days.
(i) How long will it take them to do the work together?
(ii) In what time can each finish it working alone?
A can do a piece of work in 10 days, B in 12 days, and C in 15 days. All begin together but A leaves the work after 2 days and B leaves 3 days before the work is finished. How long did the work last?
A train is moving with a uniform speed of 120 km per hour.
(i) How far will it travel in 36 minutes?
(ii) In how much time will it cover 210 km?
22 men can dig a 27 m long trench in one day. How many men should be employed for digging 135 m long trench of the same type in one day?