Basic Concepts in Economics
The Economy of Maharashtra
Rural Development in India
Population in India
Unemployment in India
Poverty in India
Economic Policy of India since 1991
Economic Planning in India
- Administrative Divisions of Maharashtra
- Important features of the economy of Maharashtra
Related QuestionsVIEW ALL 
Read the following passage and answer the questions given below :
Government of India has launched an ambitious programme of 'Bharatnet' for rural India by keeping in mind today's modern era. More than one lakh rural (Grampanchayat) areas have been connected under Bharatnet high-speed broadbrand scheme. Maharashtra has become the best-performing state. East Uttar Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Rajasthan and Jharkhand have also been placed among the best performing states in the first phase of Bharatnet broadband connection scheme.
1) Why did the Government of India launch the Bharatnet project?
2) How many Gram panchayats have received the Internet service?
3) Which states have been placed as the best performing states in the first phase of Bharatnet?
4) 'Internet has brought the world closer' - Express your views on it.