Matrices and Determinants
Applications of Differentiation
Descriptive Statistics and Probability
Correlation and Regression Analysi
- Types of shares
Mohan invested ₹ 29,040 in 15% of ₹ 100 shares of a company quoted at a premium of 20%. Calculate
- the number of shares bought by Mohan
- his annual income from shares
- the percentage return on his investment
A man buys 400 of ₹ 10 shares at a premium of ₹ 2.50 on each share. If the rate of dividend is 12%, then find
- his investment
- annual dividend received by him
- rate of interest received by him on his money
Sundar bought ₹ 4,500, 12% of ₹ 10 shares at par. He sold them when the price rose to ₹ 23 and invested the proceeds in ₹ 25 shares paying 10% per annum at ₹ 18. Find the change in his income.
A man invests ₹ 13,500 partly in 6% of ₹ 100 shares at ₹ 140 and the remaining in 5% of ₹ 100 shares at ₹ 125. If his total income is ₹ 560, how much has he invested in each?