800 cm3 of gas is collected at 650 mm pressure. At what pressure would the volume of the gas reduce by 40% of its original volume, the temperature remaining constant?
A cylinder of 20 liters capacity contains gas at 100 atmospheric pressure. How many flasks of 200 cm3capacity can be filled from it at 1-atmosphere pressure, temperature remaining constant?
Which will have greater volume when the following gases are compared at STP:
- 1.2/N2 at 25°C and 748 mmHg
- 1.25/O2 at STP
A given amount of gas A is confined in a chamber of constant volume. When the chamber is immersed in a bath of melting ice, the pressure of the gas is 100 cmHg.
- What is the temperature when the pressure is 10cmHg?
- What will be the pressure when the chamber is brought to 100°C
Gas is to be filled from a tank of capacity 10,000 litres into cylinders each having capacity of 10 litres. The condition of the gas in the tank is as follows:
- The pressure inside the tank is 800 mmHg.
- The temperature inside the tank is -3°C.
When the cylinder is filled, the pressure gauge reads 400 mmHg and the temperature is 0°C. Find the number of cylinders required to fill the gas.