Principles and Functions of Management
Nature and Significance of Management
Principles of Management
Management and Business Environment
- Concept of Directing
- Importance of Directing
- Elements of Directing
- Concept of Supervision
- Function of a Supervisor
- Concept of Motivation
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- Motivation - Financial and Non Financial Incentives
- Concept of Leadership
- Leadership - Styles
- Concept of Communication
- Formal and Informal Communication
- Barriers to Effective Communication
- How to Overcome the Barriers
- Principles of Directing
Business Finance and Marketing
- Concept of Financial Management
- Role and Objectives of Financial Management
- Financial decisions - investment
- Financial Decisions - Financing and Dividend
- Concept of Financial Planning
- Importance of Financial Planning
- Concept of Capital Structure
- Concept of Fixed and Working Capital
- Factors Affecting Fixed and Working Capital Requirements
- Concept of Marketing
- Concept of Selling
- Concept of Marketing Management
- Marketing Functions
- Marketing Management Philosophies
- Concept of Marketing Mix
- Elements of Marketing Mix
- Nature of Product
- Product - Branding
- Product - Labelling
- Product - Packaging
- Concept of Price (Marketing)
- Factors Determining Price
- Concept of Physical Distribution
- Components of Physical Distribution
- Role of Physical Distribution
- Meaning of Channels of Distribution
- Types of Channels of Distribution
- Choice of Channels- Factors Determining
- Concept of Promotion (Marketing)
- Elements of Promotion Mix
- Role of Promotion (Marketing)
- Concept of Advertising (Marketing)
- Role of Advertising
- Objections Against Advertising
- Concept of Personal Selling
- Qualities of a Good Salesman
- Concept of Sales Promotion
- Techniques of Sales Promotion
- Concept of Public Relations
- Role of Public Relations
- Role of Marketing
- Concept of Consumer Protection
- Consumer Protection Act 1986 (COPRA)
- Meaning of Consumer
- Consumer Rights and Responsibilities
- Legal Redressal Machinery Under Consumer Protection Act 1986
- Remedies Available to the Consumer Under Consumer Protection Act 1986
- Consumer Awareness
- Role of Consumer Organizations and Non-governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- Legal Protection to Consumers
Atul-The Assistant Manager. Vikas-The Marketing Head and Leena. The Human Resource Manager of 'Montac Enterprises Ltd.' decided to leave the company.
The Chief Executive officer of the company called the Human Recource Manager. Leena and requested her to fill up the vacancies before leaving the organisation, Leena suggested that her subordinate Miss Rama Wadhwa is very competent and trust worthy, if she could be moved up in the hierarchy, she would do the needful. The Chief Executive Officer agreed for the same. Miss Rama Wadhwa contacted 'Smith Recruiters' who advertised for the post of marketing head for 'Montac Enterprises Ltd'. They were able to recruit a suitable candidate for the company. Atul's vanancy was filled up by screening the database of unsolicited applications lying the office.
a. Name the internal/external sources of recruitment used by 'Montac Enterprises Ltd', to fill up the above state vacancies.
b. Also state any one merit of each of the above identified source of recruitment.
Vinod - The Human Resource Manager, Umesh - The Assistant manager and Ashok - The Marketing Head of Hitashi Enterprises Ltd. decided to leave the company. The Chief Executive Officer of the company called the Human Resource Manager, Vinod and requested him to fill-up the vacancies before leaving the organization. Vinod suggested that his subordinate Rajesh is very competent and trustworthy. If he could be moved up in the hierarehy, he would do the needful. The Chief Executive Officer agreed for the same. Rajesh contacted 'Zenith Recruiters' who advertised for the post of marketing head for 'Hitashi Enterprises Ltd.'. They were able to recruit a suitable candidate for the company. Umesh's vacancy was filled-up by screening the database of unsolicited applications lying in the office.
a. Name the internal/external sources of recruitment used by 'Hitashi Enterprises Ltd.' to fill-up the above stated vacancies.
b. Also, state any one merit of each of the above identified source of recruitment
'Recruitment' is one of the specialised activities performed by human resources management. Mention any two other specialised activities of human resource management
Mohit Gupta is working with 'Yellow Security Services Ltd.' He is also recruiting security guards for the company. The company provide security services in Delhi and Noida at short notice to various companies. The guards are recruited on a temporary basis. The guards provided by this company are known for their honesty and punctuality. Mohit Gupta is well known in his village for providing employment to unskilled people
a. Name the source of recruitment used by 'Yellow Security Services Ltd.'
b. State any one disadvantage of this source of recruitment.
c. Identify the need of 'Security Guards' which is being fulfilled by the company as per Maslow's need hierarchy.
d. Identify any two values communicated to the society in the above-stated case.
How are employees motivated to improve their performance when the organisation uses internal sources of recruitment? State.