- Property: The diagonals of a rectangle are of equal length
1) The opposite angles of a rectangle are equal.
2) The opposite sides of a rectangle are parallel to each other.
3) The adjacent angles of a rectangle ae supplementary , and
4) The diagonals of a rectangle bisect each other.
Property: The diagonals of a rectangle are of equal length.
Given : ABCD is a rectangle. AC and BD are diagonals.
To prove : AC = BD
ABCD is a rectangle. Therefore it is a parallelogram.
∠A = 90°
AD = BC , ∠A = 90°
AD || BC & AB is transversal.
∠A + ∠B = 180° ..(interior angles)
90° + ∠B = 180°
∠B = 90°
In ∆ ABC & ∆ ABD,
AB = AB ..(common)
∆ ABC ≅ ∆ ABD , ...(SAS rule )
Shaalaa.com | Property: The diagonals of a rectangle are of equal length.
ABC is a right-angled triangle and O is the mid point of the side opposite to the right angle. Explain why O is equidistant from A, B and C. (The dotted lines are drawn additionally to help you)
The shorter side of a parallelogram is 4.8 cm and the longer side is half as much again as the shorter side. Find the perimeter of the parallelogram.
Two adjacent angles of a parallelogram are (3x − 4)° and (3x + 10)°. Find the angles of the parallelogram.
In a parallelogram ABCD, the diagonals bisect each other at O. If ∠ABC = 30°, ∠BDC = 10° and ∠CAB = 70°. Find:
∠DAB, ∠ADC, ∠BCD, ∠AOD, ∠DOC, ∠BOC, ∠AOB, ∠ACD, ∠CAB, ∠ADB, ∠ACB, ∠DBC and ∠DBA.