- Property: The diagonals of a rectangle are of equal length
1) The opposite angles of a rectangle are equal.
2) The opposite sides of a rectangle are parallel to each other.
3) The adjacent angles of a rectangle ae supplementary , and
4) The diagonals of a rectangle bisect each other.
Property: The diagonals of a rectangle are of equal length.
Given : ABCD is a rectangle. AC and BD are diagonals.
To prove : AC = BD
ABCD is a rectangle. Therefore it is a parallelogram.
∠A = 90°
AD = BC , ∠A = 90°
AD || BC & AB is transversal.
∠A + ∠B = 180° ..(interior angles)
90° + ∠B = 180°
∠B = 90°
In ∆ ABC & ∆ ABD,
AB = AB ..(common)
∆ ABC ≅ ∆ ABD , ...(SAS rule )