Linear Equations in Two Variables
Introduction to Euclid’S Geometry
Lines and Angles
- Concept of Quadrilaterals - Sides, Adjacent Sides, Opposite Sides, Angle, Adjacent Angles and Opposite Angles
- Angle Sum Property of a Quadrilateral
- Types of Quadrilaterals
- Another Condition for a Quadrilateral to Be a Parallelogram
- Theorem of Midpoints of Two Sides of a Triangle
- Property: The Opposite Sides of a Parallelogram Are of Equal Length.
- Theorem: A Diagonal of a Parallelogram Divides It into Two Congruent Triangles.
- Theorem : If Each Pair of Opposite Sides of a Quadrilateral is Equal, Then It is a Parallelogram.
- Property: The Opposite Angles of a Parallelogram Are of Equal Measure.
- Theorem: If in a Quadrilateral, Each Pair of Opposite Angles is Equal, Then It is a Parallelogram.
- Property: The diagonals of a parallelogram bisect each other. (at the point of their intersection)
- Theorem : If the Diagonals of a Quadrilateral Bisect Each Other, Then It is a Parallelogram
- Concept of Circle - Centre, Radius, Diameter, Arc, Sector, Chord, Segment, Semicircle, Circumference, Interior and Exterior, Concentric Circles
- Angle Subtended by a Chord at a Point
- Perpendicular from the Centre to a Chord
- Circles Passing Through One, Two, Three Points
- Equal Chords and Their Distances from the Centre
- Angle Subtended by an Arc of a Circle
- Cyclic Quadrilateral
Areas - Heron’S Formula
Surface Areas and Volumes
Statistics and Probability
Let us consider the equation 2x + 3y = 12. Here, x = 3 and y = 2 is a solution of the linear equation. This solution is written as an ordered pair (3, 2), first writing the value for x and then the value for y. So there is no end to different solutions of a linear equation in two variables. That is, a linear equation in two variables has infinitely many solutions.
Remark : Note that an easy way of getting a solution is to take x = 0 and get the corresponding value of y. Similarly, we can put y = 0 and obtain the corresponding value of x.
Shaalaa.com | Solution of a Linear Equation
Related QuestionsVIEW ALL 
Express the following linear equations in the form ax + by + c = 0 and indicate the values of
a, b and c in each case:
`x - y/2- 5 = 0`
A lending library has a fixed charge for the first three days and an additional charge for each
day thereafter. Aarushi paid Rs 27 for a book kept for seven days. If fixed charges are Rs 𝑥
and per day charges are Rs y. Write the linear equation representing the above information.
A three-wheeler scooter charges Rs 15 for first kilometer and Rs 8 each for every subsequent
kilometer. For a distance of x km, an amount of Rs y is paid. Write the linear equation
representing the above information.
Write two solutions of the form x = 0, y = a and x = b, y = 0 for the following equation :
−4x + 3y = 12