Shaalaa.com | Single Entry System (Examples)
Mr. Mangesh is dealing in business. He maintains his accounting with Single Entry. The following are details of his business.
|Land and Building||40,000||50,000|
Mr. Mangesh introduced Rs 10,000 as additional Capital. He spent Rs 45,000 for personal use Depreciate Land and Building by Rs 5,000. Provide 5% R.D.D. on Debtors.
Prepare: Opening Statement of affairs, Closing Statement of affairs and the statement of profit or loss.
Mrs. Ankita keeps her books under Single Entry System and gives the following information.
|Stock in Trade||15,000||19,000|
Mrs. Ankita withdrew Rs 4,000 for her personal use. She received Rs 15,000 from her father as gift, which she brought into the business.
Additional furniture was purchased on 1st October 2011. Depreciate furniture by 10% p.a.Write off Rs 1,000 as bad and provide 5% R.D.D. on debtors.
Find the profit or loss of her business for the year ended 31st March, 2012.
Miss Kavita Commenced her business with a Capital of Rs 1,30,000 on 1st April 2010. Her financial Position was as follows as on 31st March, 2011, Cash Rs 9,120, Stock Rs 10,250, Bills Payable Rs 12,880, Creditors Rs 17,180, Debtors Rs 31,550, Bill Receivable Rs 29,120, Premises Rs 85,750, Vehicles Rs 40,250.
1) She brought additional capital Rs 20,000 on 30th September 2010. Interest on capital is to be provided at 5% p.a.
2) She withdrew Rs 10,000 for personal use on which interest is to be charged at 6% p.a.
3) R.D.D. is to be provided at 2½% p.a. after providing bad debts Rs 1,000.
4) Depreciate Vehicles at 2% and Premises at 4%.
Mahendra Keeps his books by Single Entry System. His position on 1st April 2012, was as follows : Cash in Hand Rs 7,900, Cash at Bank Rs 20,000, Debtors Rs 18,000. Stock Rs 29,000, Motor Car Rs 5,000, Bank Loan Rs 18,000 and Outstanding Expenses Rs 2,700.
On 1st October, 2012 Mahendra introduced Rs 10,000 as further capital in the business and withdrew on the same date Rs 7,000 out of which he spent Rs 5,000 on the purchase of a Machinery for the business.
On 31st March 2013 his position was as follows: Cash in Hand Rs 7,600, Cash at Bank Rs 22,000, Stock Rs 30,000 Debtors Rs 25,700, Furniture Rs 6,000, Creditors Rs 25,200, and prepaid expenses Rs 200.
Prepare a Statement showing the Profit or Loss made by him during the year ended 31st March, 2013 and Opening and Closing Statement of affairs. Considered the following adjustments also.
1) Depreciate Motor Car and Furniture @ 10% p.a. Furniture was purchased on 1st Oct., 2012.
2) Provide Rs 1,200 for Bad debts and provide 5% R.D.D.
3) Goods taken for personal use by Mahendra amounting to Rs 1,500
4) Provide interest on capital @ 10% p.a.
Mr. Suhas a small trader provides you the following details about his business.
|10% Govt. Bonds||-||10,000|
|Cash in Hand||2,000||8,000|
1) On 1st October, 2012 he withdrew Rs 40,000 for his personal use.
2) Charge interest on drawings Rs 2,000.
3) He had also withdrawn Rs 30,000 for Rent of his residential flat.
4) Depreciate furniture by 10% and write off Rs 2,000 from motor van.
5) 10% Government Bonds were purchased on 1st October, 2012.
6) Allow interest on capital at 10% p.a.
7) Rs 2,000 is written off as bad debts and provide 5% R.D.D. on Debtors.
Prepare: Opening statement of affairs, closing statement of affairs and statement of profit or loss for the year ended 31st March, 2012.
Mr. Govind keeps his books on single entry system and disclosed the following information of his business.
|Stock in Trade||30,000||37,500|
|Cash at Bank||36,000||54,000|
1) Mr. Govind transferred Rs 300 per month during first half year and Rs 200 each month for the remaining period from his business to his personal account. He also took goods of Rs 700 for private use.
2) Mr. Govind sold his personal asset for Rs 7,000 and brought the proceeds into his business.
3) Furniture to be depreciated by 10%
4) Provide R.D.D.5% on Debtors.
Prepare: Opening and closing statement of affairs and statement of profit or loss for the year ended 31st March 2011.
Sun and Moon are partners in a firm sharing profit and losses in the ratio of 3:2. They kept their books under single entry system. On 1st April 2010 the following statement of affairs was extracted from their Books.
|Statement of Affairs as on 1st April 2010|
|Capitals:||Plant and Machinery||15,000|
|Creditors||15,000||Cash in Hand||7,500|
On 31st March 2011 theirs assets and liabilities were as follows. Plant and Machinery Rs 44,000 stock Rs 32,000 cash in hand Rs 12,000 creditors Rs 8,000 Debtors Rs 20,000 Bills payable Rs 15,000 Drawings during the year Sun Rs 5,000 and Moon Rs 3,000.
Prepare: Closing statement of affairs and statement of profit or Loss for the year ended 31st March 2011 after considering the following adjustments.
1) Plant is found overvalued by 10% and stock is found undervalued by 20%.
2) R.D.D. is to be created at 10% on Debtors.
3) Interest on Capital is to be allowed at 10% p.a. and 10% p.a. on Drawings
A and B are in Partnership. Their Capitals on 1st April 2010 were Rs 30,000 each. The assets and liabilities as on 31st March 2011 were as follows. Cash in hand Rs 2,400, Cash at Bank Rs 16,000 Bill Receivable Rs 4,000, Debtors Rs 28,600 Stock Rs 26,000. Machinery Rs 14,000, furniture Rs 8,000, Bills Payable Rs 3,000 Sundry creditors Rs 6,000 Outstanding salary Rs 800.
1) Provide Rs 600 as Bad Debts and 5% R.D.D.
2) Depreciate furniture @ 5% p.a. and Machinery @ 10% p.a.
3) Stock is found undervalued by Rs 2,000.
4) Sundry creditors are found overvalued by Rs 1,000.
5) Prepaid Insurance Rs 2,000.
6) Additional capital introduced by partners Rs 4,000 each.
7) Drawings of ‘A’ Rs 3,000 and ‘B’ Rs 2,000 calculate the profit for the year ended 31st March 2011.