Use a graph sheet for this question.
Take 1 cm = 1 unit along both x and y axis.
(i) Plot the following points:
A(0,5), B(3,0), C(1,0) and D(1,–5)
(ii) Reflect the points B, C and D on the y axis and name them as B',C'andD' respectively.
(iii) Write down the coordinates of B',C 'and D'
(iv) Join the point A, B, C, D, D ', C ', B', A in order and give a name to the closed figure ABCDD'C'B
O (0, 0), A (3, 5) and B (−5, −3) are the vertices of triangle OAB. Find the equation of median of triangle OAB through vertex O
Three vertices of parallelogram ABCD taken in order are A(3, 6), B(5, 10) and C(3, 2)
1) the coordinate of the fourth vertex D
2) length of diagonal BD
3) equation of the side AD of the parallelogram ABCD
The given figure represents a kite with a circular and a semicircular motifs stuck on it.
The radius of a circle is 2.5 cm and the semicircle is 2 cm. If diagonals AC and BD are
of lengths 12 cm and 8 cm respectively, find the area of the:
1) Shaded part. Give your answer correct to the nearest whole number.
2) Unshaded part
In the given figure ABCD is a rectangle. It consists of a circle and two semi-circles each of
which are of radius 5 cm. Find the area of the shaded region. Give your answer correct to
three significant figures
Use graph paper for this question (Take 2 cm = 1 unit along both x and y-axis). ABCD is a quadrilateral whose vertices are A(2, 2), B(2, –2), C(0, –1) and D(0, 1).
1) Reflect quadrilateral ABCD on the y-axis and name it as A'B'CD
2) Write down the coordinates of A' and B'.
3) Name two points which are invariant under the above reflection
4) Name the polygon A'B'CD
Using a graph paper, plot the points A(6,4) and B(0,4).
(1) Reflect A and B in the origin to get the images A' and B'.
(2) Write the co-ordinates of A' and B'.
(3) State the geometrical name for the figure ABA' B'.
(4) Find its perimeter.