Introduction to Corporate Finance
Sources of Corporate Finance
Sources of Business Finance
- Nature and Significance: Financial Requirements and Sources
- Methods of Raising Finance
- Types of Shares - Preference Shares Equity Shares
- Debentures and Bonds
- Retained Profits
- Public Deposits
- Loans from Commercial Banks and Financial Institutions
- Sources of Business Finance - Trade Credit
- Discounting of Bills of Exchange
- Meaning of Global Depository Receipt (GDR)
- Meaning of American Depository Receipt (ADR)
Issue of Shares
Role of a Secretary in the Capital Formation Part 1
- Meaning of Issue of Shares at Par, Premium and Discount, at Bid Price
- Meaning of Initial Public Offer
- Meaning of Bonus Issue
- Meaning of Rights Issue
- Meaning of Employee Stock Option Scheme
- Meaning of Private Placement
- Issue of Shares – Procedure
- Transfer and Transmission of Shares
- Issue of Share Certificate and Share Warrant
Issue of Debentures
Role of a Secretary in the Capital Formation Part 2
Declaration and Payment of Dividend
Correspondence with Members
Correspondence of Company Secretary with Members, Debenture Holders and Depositors
- Allotment of Shares
- Regret Letter
- Lodgement Notice
- Approval / Refusal of Transfer of Shares
- Issue of Bonus Shares
- Distribution of Dividend - Notice
- Company Secretary - Redemption of Debentures
- Company Secretary - Allotment of Debentures
- Company Secretary - Conversion of Debentures into Shares
- Payment of Interest on Debentures
- Letter Thanking the Investor for Deposits
- Company Secretary - Payment of Interest (Basic Information of TDS to Be Given)
- Company Secretary - Renewal of Deposits
- Company Secretary - Repayment of Deposits
Correspondence with Debentureholders
Correspondence with Depositors
Dividend and Interest
- Functions of SEBI
Write a word or a term or a phrase which can substitute the following statement.
A specific place where trading of securities is arranged in an organized method.
State whether the following statement is true or false.
A broker is a dealer in stock exchange who carries on trading of securities in his own name.
Correct the underlined word and rewrite the following sentence.
One of the functions of SEBI is to protect the interest of issuers of securities in the securities market.
Study the following case/situation and express your opinion.
Mr. Y is a practising Co. Secretary offering advisory services to companies, institutions, etc. on corporate laws including companies Act. He has received few queries from his clients, please assist Mr. Y in answering them.
- BDl bank wants to offer DP services. Whom should they approach for registering as DP?
- KM Financial wants to offer Debenture Trustee services. Where should they apply for getting registered?
- TT Ltd. Co. wants to issue an IPO. Should it get itself registered with SEBI?