Interpretation of Topographical Maps
Map of India
Location, Extent and Physical Features
Mineral and Energy Resources
- Impact of Waste Accumulation - Spoilage of Landscape
- Impact of Waste Accumulation - Pollution
- Impact of Waste Accumulation - Health Hazards
- Effect on Terrestrial, Aquatic (Fresh Water and Marine) Life
- Need for Solid Waste Management
- Need and Methods for Reducing, Reusing and Recycling Waste.
- Methods of Safe Disposal - Segregation, Dumping and Composting
Mangalore and Chennai lie approximately on the same latitude, yet Mangalore receives its rainfall from June to September, while Chennai receives rainfall in November and December. What is the reason of this difference?
Mention two differences in the climatic conditions which prevail over Kerala and Uttar Pradesh in the month of June.
Study the climatic data given below and answer the questions that follow:
(i) Calculate the mean annual temperature.
(ii) What is the total rainfall during the monsoon season?
(iii) Does the station have a maritime or a continental climate?
Give a reason for your answer.