Sociological Aspects of Physical Education
Career Aspects in Physical Education
Competitions and Tournaments
Health Education and Health Problems
Meaning and Definition of ‘Health’ and ‘Health Education’
Principles and Importance of Health Education. Health Problems and Role of Health Education in Solving Them
Disability and Rehabilitation
Sports Injuries and First Aid
Sports Related Injuries
Role of a Sportsperson in Prevention of Sports Related Accidents
- Playing Area: Diagram of the Play Area with Measurements and Specifications; Diagram of Net, Antenna and Posts with measurements and specifications
- Ball: Shape, Material, Weight, Circumference, Air Pressure
- Composition of teams:
- Players equipment and forbidden objects
- Team Leaders: Responsibility of Captain, Coach and Assistant coach
- Playing Format: To score a point, To win a set, To win the match
- Structure of Play: The Toss, Official warm-up session, Team starting line-up, Positions and Positional fault, Rotation and Rotation fault
- States of Play: Ball in play, Ball out of play, Ball "IN", Ball "OUT"
- Playing the ball: Team Hits, Characteristics of the hit, Faults in playing the ball, Ball at the net, Ball crossing the net, Ball touching the net, Ball in the net.
- Player at the net: Reaching beyond the net, Penetration under the net, Contact with the net, Player's faults at the net
- Service: First service in a set, Service order, Authorization of the service, Execution of the service, Screening, Faults made during service, Serving faults and Positional faults
- Attack hit: Characteristics, Restrictions, Faults
- Block: Blocking, Block contact, Blocking within the opponent's space, Block and team hits, Blocking the service, Blocking faults
- Interruptions, Delays and Intervals: Interruptions (meaning); Number of regular game interruptions; Sequence of regular game interruptions; Request for regular game interruptions;
- Time-outs and Technical time-outs
- Exceptional game interruptions: Injury/illness, External interference, Prolonged interruptions
- Substitution: Limitation, Exceptional, Expulsion/disqualification, Illegal, Procedure, Improper request
- Game delays: Types of delays, Delay sanctions Intervals and change of court
- Libero player: Designation of the Libero, Equipment, Actions involving the libero, Redesignation of a new libero
- Participants' conduct: Sportsmanlike conduct, Fair play
- Misconduct and its sanctions: Minor misconduct, Misconduct leading to sanction, Sanction scale,
- Cards used: Warning (Verbal and Yellow card); Penalty (Red card); Expulsion (Red plus Yellow card jointly); Disqualification (Red plus Yellow card separately)
- Referees: Composition, Procedures, Location, Authority and Responsibilities of First referee, Second referee, Scorer, Assistant scorer, Line judges.
- Duties of the officials, table officials, referees, requirements of the game, equipment needed, numbers of players, reserve bench, duty of coach, captain, etc.
- Laws governing the game. Suspensions, penalisations, arrangements needed to conduct tournaments, default by teams.
If you would like to contribute notes or other learning material, please submit them using the button below.
Related QuestionsVIEW ALL 
Advertisement Remove all ads
- OR -