Sociological Aspects of Physical Education
Career Aspects in Physical Education
Competitions and Tournaments
Health Education and Health Problems
Meaning and Definition of ‘Health’ and ‘Health Education’
Principles and Importance of Health Education. Health Problems and Role of Health Education in Solving Them
Disability and Rehabilitation
Sports Injuries and First Aid
Sports Related Injuries
Role of a Sportsperson in Prevention of Sports Related Accidents
- Court: Diagram of the court with Dimensions and Specifications, Meaning of Court areas, lines, circle, semi-circle, position of the scorer's table and substitution chairs.
- Equipment needed to conduct the game Teams: Definition, Rules, Players uniform Injured players
- Captain and Coaches: Duties and powers Duration of Play Playing time, Tied score and Extra periods
- Status of the ball: Ball Live, Ball Dead
- Jump ball and Alternating possession: Jump ball: Definition, Procedure and Situations; Alternating possession: Definition and Procedure
- How the ball is played: Definition and Rule
- Control of Ball: Definition, Team Control: Continues and Ends
- Goal: When made and its value, Definition, Rule of scoring
- Throw-in, time-out, substitution: Definition, Rules and procedures.
- Game Lost by Forfeit, default, violation: Rules and Penalty
- Player out of bounce and Ball Out of Bounds: Definition and Rule
- Dribbling: Definition, a dribble starts, a dribble ends, rule for dribbling
- Travelling: Definition, Pivot
- Closely Guarded Player: Definition and Rule 3 Seconds rule, 8 Seconds rule, 24 Seconds rule and procedure
- Ball returned to backcourt: Definition, Rule and Penalty
- Goaltending and Interference: Definition and rule; Meaning and penalty of Interference; Penalty for The Respective Violations
- Fouls – Definition; Personal Foul, Double Foul - Definition and Penalty; Technical Foul: Rules of conduct, Violence, Definition and Penalty; Unsportsmanlike Foul, Disqualifying foul - Definition and Penalty
- Fighting - Definition, Rule and Penalty; Penalty for the respective Fouls; Five fouls by a player;
- Team fouls: Definition and Rule.
- Contact: General principles: Cylinder principle, Principle of verticality, Legal guarding position, Guarding a player who controls the ball, Guarding a player who does not control the ball, A player who is in the air, Screening (Legal and Illegal), Charging, Blocking, No charge semi-circle areas, Contacting an opponent with the hand(s) or arm(s), Holding, Pushing
- Free Throws - Definition, Rule and Penalty
- Duties and Powers of: Officials, Table officials and Commissioner; Referee; Scorer and Assistant Scorer; Timer; Short clock operator
- Laws governing the game. Suspensions, penalisations, arrangements needed to conduct tournaments.
If you would like to contribute notes or other learning material, please submit them using the button below.
Related QuestionsVIEW ALL 
Advertisement Remove all ads
- OR -