What, Where, How and When?
The Earth in the Solar System
Our Past 1 (History)
Diversity and Discrimination
From Hunting–Gathering to Growing Food
- The Earliest People: Why Were They on the Move?
- How Do We Know About These People?
- Choosing a Place to Live in
- Finding Out About Fire
- A Changing Environment
- The Beginning of Farming and Herding
- A New Way of Life
- Storing Animals
- Finding Out About the First Farmers and Herders
- Towards a Settled Life
- Living and Dying in Mehrgarh
The Earth: Our Habitat (Geography)
Globe : Latitudes and Longitudes
Social and Political Life - 1
In the Earliest Cities
Motions of the Earth
What is Government?
What Books and Burials Tell Us
- One of the Oldest Books in the World
- How Historians Study the Rigveda
- Cattle, Horses and Chariots
- Words to Describe People
- Silent Sentinels - the Story of the Megaliths
- Finding Out About Social Differences
- Were Some Burial Spots Meant for Certain Families?
- A Special Burial at Inamgaon
- Occupations at Inamgaon
Key Elements of a Democratic Government
Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic
Major Domains of the Earth
New Questions and Ideas
Major Landforms of the Earth
Our Country – India
Ashoka, the Emperor Who Gave up War
Vital Villages, Thriving Towns
India : Climate, Vegetation and Wildlife
Traders, Kings and Pilgrims
New Empires and Kingdoms
Buildings, Paintings and Books
Do you think ordinary people would have read and understood the prashastis? Give reasons for your answer.
Choose the correct option to complete the statement given below:
We come to know about Harshavardhana from ____________
Fill in the blanks:
Whenever the Samantas found the ruler weak and inefficient, they tried to become _______
Match the items in column A correctly with those given in column B.
|Column A||Column B|
|(i) Kalidasa||(a) The court poet of Pulakeshin II|
|(ii) Aryabhatta||(b) The court poet of Samudragupta|
|(iii) Ravikirti||(c) A renowned poet during this period|
|(iv) Harishena||(d) The court poet of Harshavardhana|
|(v) Banabhatta||(e) An astronomer|