India and the Contemporary World 2
Livelihoods, Economies and Societies
- Concept of the Pre-modern World
- Nineteenth Century Global Economy, Colonialism
- Inter War Economy (Great Depression)
- Rebuilding the World Economy
- Proto-industrialization and Pace of Industrial Change
- Life of Workers
- Industrialization in the Colonies
- Early Entrepreneurs and Workers
- Peculiarities of Industrial Growth
- Market for Goods
- Development of Modern Cities Due to Industrialization in London and Bombay
- Housing and Land Reclamation
- Social Changes in the Cities
- Cities and the Challenge of the Environment
Events and Processes
- Growth of Nationalism in Europe After the 1830s.
- Ideas of Giuseppe Mazzini
- Characteristics of the Movements in Poland, Hungary,Italy, Germany and Greece
- Factors Leading to Growth of Nationalism in Indo-china
- French Colonialism in Indo-china
- Phases of Struggle Against the French
- The Ideas of Phan Chu Trinh
- The Ideas Phan Boi Chau, Ho Chi Minh
- Second World War and the Liberation Struggle.
- America and the Vietnam War
- Impact of First World War, Khilafat, Non- Cooperation
- Differing Strands Within the Movement
- Limits of Civil Disobedience
- Sense of Collective Belonging
- Salt Satyagraha
- Movements of Peasants, Workers, Tribals.
Everyday Life, Culture and Politics
- History of Print in Europe.
- Growth of Press in Nineteenth Century India
- Relationship Between Print Culture, Public Debate and Politics
- Emergence of the Novel as a Genre in the West
- Relationship Between the Novel and Changes in Modern Society
- Early Novels in Nineteenth Century India
- Study of Two Or Three Major Writers
Contemporary India 2
Forest and Wildlife Resources
Minerals and Energy Resources
- Types of Minerals
- Distribution of Minerals and Energy Resources
- Use and Economic Importance of Minerals
- Conservation of Minerals
- Types of Power Resources -conventional
- Types of Power Resources - Non-conventional Sources
- Distribution and Utilization and Conservation of Power Resources
- Conservation of Energy Resources
Life Lines of National Economy
Resources and Development
Democratic Politics 2
Gender, Religion and Caste
Popular Struggles and Movements
Democracy and Diversity
Challenges to Democracy
Outcomes of Democracy
Understanding Economic Development
Sectors of the Indian Economy
- Concept for Traditional Notion of Development
- Concept for National Income and Percapita Income
- Concept of Growth of National Income
- Critical Appraisal of Existing Development Indicators (PCI, IMR, SR and Other Income and Health Indicators)
- Need for Health and Educational Development
- Human Development Indicators (Holistic Measure of Development)
Money and Credit: Role of Money in an Economy
Globalisation and the Indian Economy
In which one of the following Indian National Congress Sessions was the demand of 'Puma Swaraj' formalised in December 1929?
(A) Madras Session
(B) Lahore Session
(C) Calcutta Session
(D) Nagpur Session
Describe any three major problems faced by the peasants of Awadh in the days of Non Cooperation movement.
In which one of the following places Mahatma Gandhi organised Satyagraha for the first time in India?
Two features A and B are marked in the political outline map of India given below. Identify these features with the help of the following information and write their correct names on the lines marked in the map:
A. The place where the Indian National Congress Session was held in 1927.
B. The place which is associated with the movement of Indigo Planters.
Describe any three suppressive measures taken by the British administration to clampdown on nationalists.