Locational Setting - India
Structure of India
Population and Human Settlements
Population of India compared to six countries
National and State Level Patterns of Population Distribution
Pattern of Population Growth in the Last Three Decades; Implications for Development
Migration Trends Over the Last 25 Years
Demographic attributes at National level
Resources of India and Their Utilisation
Need for Environmental Management Vis-à- Vis Development.
Water Resources and Types of Irrigation
Agriculture: Types, Development and Problems
Fishing in India, Japan and Bangladesh.
Sources of Energy
Railways, Roadways, Water Transport (Inland and Coastal), Air Transport, Pipelines - These Modes of Transport Are to Be Studied with Regard to
Communication – Importance of Communication in Rural Development and Its Policy. Importance of Infrastructure as Key to the Development of an Industrial Economy.
Study of the Location and Distribution of Important Industrial Centres; a General Comparison of Disparities.
Major and Minor Industrial Regions – Factors Governing Their Growth
Location, production and growth of the following industries
Regional Economic Development
- Iron and steel
- Transport equipment
- Automobile Industry
- Ship Building Industry
- Aircraft Industry
- Petrochemicals, including refineries fertilizers.
- The following industrial centres are to be studied.
- TISCO (Jamshedpur)
- Vishweshvarya Iron and Steel Plant (Bhadravati)
- Bhilai Iron and Steel Plant (Bhilai)
- Rourkela Iron and Steel Plant (Rourkela)
- Hindustan Steel Limited Plant (Durgapur)
- Bokaro Iron and Steel Plant (Bokaro)
- Salem Iron and Steel Plant (Salem)
- Vishakhapatnam Iron and Steel Plant (Vishakhapatnam)
- Integrated and mini steel plants: meaning, advantages and disadvantages
- Difference between key and footloose industry; industrial clusters and indices to identify industrial clusters; industrial inertia.
- Maps and sketches of Industrial regions and centres (location of agro-based and mineral-based industries) should be the basis for explaining the pattern of industrial development.
If you would like to contribute notes or other learning material, please submit them using the button below.
Related QuestionsVIEW ALL 
Answer the following question.
Discuss the two ways in which the cement industry is important for the growth of a country.
Advertisement Remove all ads
- OR -