Our Past 1 (History)
What, Where, How and When?
From Hunting–Gathering to Growing Food
In the Earliest Cities
What Books and Burials Tell Us
- One of the Oldest Books in the World
- How Historians Study the Rigveda
- Cattle, Horses and Chariots
- Words to Describe People
- Silent Sentinels - the Story of the Megaliths
- Finding Out About Social Differences
- Were Some Burial Spots Meant for Certain Families?
- A Special Burial at Inamgaon
- Occupations at Inamgaon
Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic
New Questions and Ideas
Ashoka, the Emperor Who Gave up War
Vital Villages, Thriving Towns
Traders, Kings and Pilgrims
New Empires and Kingdoms
Buildings, Paintings and Books
The Earth: Our Habitat (Geography)
The Earth in the Solar System
Globe : Latitudes and Longitudes
Motions of the Earth
Major Domains of the Earth
Major Landforms of the Earth
Our Country – India
India : Climate, Vegetation and Wildlife
Social and Political Life - 1
Diversity and Discrimination
What is Government?
Key Elements of a Democratic Government
- Origin of Jainism
- Vardhaman Mahavir (599 BCE to 527 BCE)
- Unique Teachings of Jainism
- Tri-ratna - Samyak Darshan, Samyak Jnan, Samyak Charitra or Three Jewels
- Jain Code of Conduct
- Digambaras and Svetambaras
- Reasons for the Spread of Jainism
- The Pancha Mahavratas - Ahimsa, Satya, Asteya, Aparigraha, Brahmacharya.
Choose the correct option to complete the statement given below:
Mahavira was the prince of the ________
Fill in the blank:
The teachings of Mahavira were written down for the first time about _______ years ago.
State whether the sentence is true (T) or false (F):
The Jains were supposed to lead luxurious lives.