Modern Chemicals Co. Ltd. made an issue of 60,000 shares of ` 20 each payable as follows :
On application Rs .5 per share
On allotment Rs.5 per share
On first call Rs. 4 per share
On second call Rs. 3 per share
The company received applications for 65,000 shares of which applications for 5,000 shares were
rejected and money refunded.
All the shareholders paid up to second call except one shareholder, Mr. Bhupendra, the allotee of
100 shares, who did not pay the amount of the second call.
Give Journal Entries in the books of Modern Chemicals Co., Ltd.
Mr. Prabhakar is a retail trader. He had no proper methods of accounting. But the following information is made available to you.
Cash in hand
10% Govt. Bonds
(1) On 1st October, 2009 Mr. Prabhakar had withdrawn Rs. 40,000 for his personal use.
(2) 10% Government Bonds were purchased of Rs. 10,000 on 1st October, 2009.
(3) He had also withdrawn Rs. 30,000 for his daughter's marriage.
(4) Depreciate furniture by 10% and write off Rs. 2,000 from motor van.
(5) Rs 2,000 is written off as bad debts and provide 5% R.D.D. on debtors.
(6) Allow interest on capital at 10% p.a.
(7) Charge interest on drawings Rs. 2,000.
Prepare after taking into consideration the adjustments:
Closing statement of affairs of 31.3.2010.