Shaalaa.com | Probability part 1 (Recap)
A problem is given to three students whose chances of solving it are `1/4, 1/5` and `1/3` respectively. Find the probability that the problem is solved.
Bag A contains 1 white, 2 blue and 3 red balls. Bag B contains 3 white, 3 blue and 2 red balls. Bag C contains 2 white, 3 blue and 4 red balls. One bag is selected at random and then two balls are drawn from the selected bag. Find the probability that the balls draw n are white and red.
An urn contains 25 balls of which 10 balls are red and the remaining green. A ball is drawn at random from the urn, the colour is noted and the ball is replaced. If 6 balls are drawn in this way, find the probability that:
(i) All the balls are red.
(ii) Not more than 2 balls are green.
(iii) The number of red balls and green balls is equal.
In a bolt factory, three machines A, B, and C manufacture 25%, 35% and 40% of the total production respectively. Of their respective outputs, 5%, 4% and 2% are defective. A bolt is drawn at random from the total production and it is found to be defective. Find the probability that it was manufactured by machine C.
One dialing certain telephone numbers assume that on an average, one telephone number out of five is busy, Ten telephone numbers are randomly selected and dialed. Find the probability that at least three of them will be busy.
A committee of 4 persons has to be chosen from 8 boys and 6 girls, consisting of at least one girl. Find the probability that the committee consists of more girls than boys.
A pair of dice is thrown. What is the probability of getting an even number on the first die or a total of 8?
In an automobile factory, certain parts are to be fixed into the chassis in a section before it moves into another section. On a given day, one of the three persons A, B, and C carries out this task. A has a 45% chance, B has a 35% chance and C has a 20% chance of doing the task.
The probability that A, B, and C will take more than the allotted time is `(1)/(6), (1)/(10), and (1)/(20)` respectively. If it is found that the time taken is more than the allotted time, what is the probability that A has done the task?