Weathering and Mass Wasting
Agents of Erosion
- Climatic Regions
- Classification of Climate and Identifying Climatic Regions (Natural Regions)
- Low-latitude Regions
- Equatorial Rainforests
- Tropical Monsoon Climate
- Tropical Savannah Type of Climate
- Tropical Deserts Or Arid Type of Climate
- Mid-latitude Regions
- Mediterranean Climate
- China Type Climate Or Humid Sub Tropical Climate
- Marine West European Type Climate
- High Latitudinal Regions
- Taiga Or Sub-arctic
- Tundra Climate
- Ice Sheet
- High-altitude Regions
- Highland Or Mountain Type
Global Climate Change
Indian Ocean - Relief and Strategic Importance
- Indian Ocean Region
- Bottom Relief of Indian Ocean
- Continental Shelf
- Mid-oceanic Ridges
- Islands of Indian Ocean
- Ocean Basins
- Deeps and Trenches
- Distribution of Temperature and Salinity in Indian Oceans
- Indian Ocean Salinity
- Ocean Currents in Indian Ocean
- Importance of the Indian Ocean
- The Importance of Indian Ocean for India
Collect information on the following and discuss in the class:
- Major journeys carried out by explorers in the last millennium
- Discovery of continents, countries, and islands
- Spread of culture, trade, and religions
Comment on how oceans have played a major role in all the three points mentioned above.
Complete the chain:
|1) Continental Shelf||1) deeper part||1) Manganese nodules|
|2) Oceanic microorganisms||2) Abyssal plains||2) Whales|
|3) Oceanic Trenches||3) fishing||3) Sunda|
|4) Vast Flat Area||4) plankton||4) Dagger Bank|
Show the following on the map of the World:
- Chagos Range
- Mariana Trench
- Dogger Bank
- Mumbai High
- Sunda Deep
- Grand Banks
Find out the name and locations of islands located in India and list them in the above given categories.
Look at the figure and answer the following question.
- What does the figure show?
- In which part of the figure is the ocean shallow? Which human activities can be carried out here?
- In which part does deposition of sediments occur?
- Where in the figure do you find islands formed due to submerged mountains?
- Label the figure with the correct names of landforms.
- Compare these features with the landforms on the earth.