Evolution of Humans and Society - Prehistoric Period
Early Tamil Society and Culture
Intellectual Awakening and Socio-Political Changes
- Introduction of Intellectual Awakening and Socio-political Changes
- Religion in the Sixth Century BC (BCE)
- Confucianism and Taoism
- Impact of Iron Technology in India
- Religion: Post-Rig Vedic
- Jainism and Buddhism - Doctrines
- Other Heterodox Sect
- Rise of Kingdoms
- Mauryan Empire – India’s First Empire
The Classical World
The Middle Ages
State and Society in Medieval India
The Beginning of the Modern Age
The Age of Revolutions
- Introduction of Industrial Revolution
- Attributes of Industrial Revolution
- Effects of Industrial Revolution in England
- Spread of Industrial Revolution
- Second Industrial Revolution in United States of America
- Working Class Strikes
- Important Inventions of the Industrial Revolution Era
- Impact of Industrial Revolution in India
Colonialism in Asia and Africa
Lithosphere – 1 Endogenetic Processes
Lithosphere – 2 Exogenetic Processes
Man and Environment
Disaster Management: Responding to Disasters
Forms of Government and Democracy
Election, Political Parties and Pressure Groups
Forms of Government
Local Self Government
Understanding Development: Perspectives, Measurement and Sustainability
Employment in India and Tamil Nadu
Money and Credit
Agriculture in Tamil Nadu
Assertion (A): The points at which the vertical and horizontal lines of the grid intersect are called coordinates.
Reason (R): The lines that run horizontally and vertically are called Northings and Eastings respectively.
With the help of an atlas, mark the following on the outline map of Tamil Nadu.
- The latitude and longitude of Chennai.
- Mark the city located at 100 N, 780 E.
- Locate the city approximately 110N and 760E.
- Find the latitude and longitude of Kanyakumari and mark it.