Evolution of Humans and Society - Prehistoric Period
Early Tamil Society and Culture
Intellectual Awakening and Socio-Political Changes
- Introduction of Intellectual Awakening and Socio-political Changes
- Religion in the Sixth Century BC (BCE)
- Confucianism and Taoism
- Impact of Iron Technology in India
- Religion: Post-Rig Vedic
- Jainism and Buddhism - Doctrines
- Other Heterodox Sect
- Rise of Kingdoms
- Mauryan Empire – India’s First Empire
The Classical World
The Middle Ages
State and Society in Medieval India
The Beginning of the Modern Age
The Age of Revolutions
- Introduction of Industrial Revolution
- Attributes of Industrial Revolution
- Effects of Industrial Revolution in England
- Spread of Industrial Revolution
- Second Industrial Revolution in United States of America
- Working Class Strikes
- Important Inventions of the Industrial Revolution Era
- Impact of Industrial Revolution in India
Colonialism in Asia and Africa
Lithosphere – 1 Endogenetic Processes
Lithosphere – 2 Exogenetic Processes
Man and Environment
Disaster Management: Responding to Disasters
Forms of Government and Democracy
Election, Political Parties and Pressure Groups
Forms of Government
Local Self Government
Understanding Development: Perspectives, Measurement and Sustainability
Employment in India and Tamil Nadu
Money and Credit
Agriculture in Tamil Nadu
(i) The period before the introduction of writing is called pre-history.
(ii) The pre-historic people developed language, made beautiful paintings and artefacts.
(iii) The pre-historic societies are treated as literate.
(iv) The pre-historic period is called ancient.
Find out the correct statement:
- The concept ‘survival of the fittest’ contributed to the scientific understanding of human origins.
- The book “On the Origin of Species” was published by Herbert Spencer.
- Darwin’s theory of biological evolution connects with the process of natural selection.
- Geology is the study of lithic technology.