p-block Elements - II
Transition and Inner Transition Elements
- Coordination Compounds and Double Salts
- Werner's Theory of Coordination Compounds
- Definition of Important Terms Pertaining to Co-ordination Compounds
- Nomenclature of Coordination Compounds
- Isomerism in Coordination Compounds
- Theories of Coordination Compound
- Stability of Metal Complexes
- Importance and Applications of Coordination Complexes
Hydroxy Compounds and Ethers
Carbonyl Compounds and Carboxylic Acids
Organic Nitrogen Compounds
Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Schottky defect
- Frenkel defect
- Metal excess defect
- Metal deficiency defect
- Impurity defect
The cation leaves its normal position in the crystal and moves to some interstitial position, the defect in the crystal is known as ____________.
Assertion: due to Frenkel defect, density of the crystalline solid decreases.
Reason: in Frenkel defect cation and anion leaves the crystal.