- Physical Properties
- Variation in Atomic and Ionic Sizes of Transition Metals
- Ionisation Enthalpies
- Oxidation States
- Trends in the M2+/M Standard Electrode Potentials
- Trends inthe M3+/M2+ Standard Electrode Potentials
- Trends in Stability of Higher Oxidation States
- Chemical Reactivity and Eθ Values
- Magnetic Properties
- Formation of Coloured Ions
- Formation of Complex Compounds
- Catalytic Properties
- Formation of Interstitial Compounds
- Alloy Formation
Shaalaa.com | D and F Block Elements part 13 (Trends in Physical Properties)
Series: series 1
How would you account for the irregular variation of ionization enthalpies (first and second) in the first series of the transition elements?
Account for the following : The E° value for the Mn3+/Mn2+ couple is much more positive than that for Cr3+/Cr2+ couple.
Which of the following cations are coloured in aqueous solutions and why ?
Sc3+, V3+, Ti4+, Mn2+ (At. Nos. Sc = 21, V = 23, Ti = 22, Mn = 25)