India and the Contemporary World - 1
The French Revolution
Socialism in Europe and the Russian Revolution
Nazism and the Rise of Hitler
Forest Society and Colonialism
Pastoralists in the Modern World
Contemporary India - 1
India - Size and Location
Physical Features of India
- Climate of India
- Climatic Controls
- Factors Affecting the Indian Climate
- The Indian Monsoon
- The Onset of the Monsoon and Withdrawal
- Seasons of India
- The Winter Season or Cold Weather
- The Summer or Hot Weather Season
- Southwest Monsoon or Rainy Season
- Northeast monsoon season or Retreating Monsoon
- Distribution of Rainfall
- Monsoon as a Unifying Bond
Natural Vegetation and Wildlife
Democratic Politics - 1
What is Democracy? Why Democracy?
Working of Institutions
The Story of Village Palampur
People as Resource
Poverty as a Challenge
Food Security in India
- Land is fixed
- Is there a way one can grow more from the same land?
- Will the land sustain?
- How is land distributed between the farmers of Palampur?
- Who will provide the labour?
- The capital needed in farming
- Sale of Surplus Farm Products
If you would like to contribute notes or other learning material, please submit them using the button below.
Related QuestionsVIEW ALL 
Every village in India is surveyed once in ten years during the Census and some of the details are presented in the following format. Fill up the following based on information on Palampur.
a. LOCATION :
b. TOTAL AREA OF THE VILLAGE :
c. LAND USE (in hectares) :
|Cultivated Land||Land not available for cultivation (Area covering dwellings, roads, ponds, grazing ground)|
d. FACILITIES :
Advertisement Remove all ads
- OR -