Introducing Indian Society
Social Change and Development in India
Demographic Structure and Indian Society
The Story of Indian Democracy
Social Institutions - Continuity and Change
Change and Development in Rural Society
Market as a Social Institution
Pattern of Social Inquality and Exclusion
Change and Development in Industrial Society
The Challenges of Cultural Diversity
Globalisation and Social Change
Suggestions for Project Work
Mass Media and Communication Process
- Definition and features (MacIver’s features);
- Functions of family to be discussed explaining the reasons for its universal existence.
- Types of family: consanguineous and conjugal family (family of origin and procreation), matriarchal and atriarchal
family (matripotestal, patripotestal and
avuncupotestal), nuclear and joint families.
- Structural changes (disintegration of the joint family), functional changes;
- Factors responsible for the changes.
- Small family norm.
If you would like to contribute notes or other learning material, please submit them using the button below.
Answer briefly the following question :
Discuss the causes of the breaking of Joint families in India.
Advertisement Remove all ads
- OR -