Introduction to Corporate Finance
Sources of Corporate Finance
Sources of Business Finance
- Nature and Significance: Financial Requirements and Sources
- Methods of Raising Finance
- Types of Shares - Preference Shares Equity Shares
- Debentures and Bonds
- Retained Profits
- Public Deposits
- Loans from Commercial Banks and Financial Institutions
- Sources of Business Finance - Trade Credit
- Discounting of Bills of Exchange
- Meaning of Global Depository Receipt (GDR)
- Meaning of American Depository Receipt (ADR)
Issue of Shares
Role of a Secretary in the Capital Formation Part 1
- Meaning of Issue of Shares at Par, Premium and Discount, at Bid Price
- Meaning of Initial Public Offer
- Meaning of Bonus Issue
- Meaning of Rights Issue
- Meaning of Employee Stock Option Scheme
- Meaning of Private Placement
- Issue of Shares – Procedure
- Transfer and Transmission of Shares
- Issue of Share Certificate and Share Warrant
Issue of Debentures
Role of a Secretary in the Capital Formation Part 2
Declaration and Payment of Dividend
Correspondence with Members
Correspondence of Company Secretary with Members, Debenture Holders and Depositors
- Allotment of Shares
- Regret Letter
- Lodgement Notice
- Approval / Refusal of Transfer of Shares
- Issue of Bonus Shares
- Distribution of Dividend - Notice
- Company Secretary - Redemption of Debentures
- Company Secretary - Allotment of Debentures
- Company Secretary - Conversion of Debentures into Shares
- Payment of Interest on Debentures
- Letter Thanking the Investor for Deposits
- Company Secretary - Payment of Interest (Basic Information of TDS to Be Given)
- Company Secretary - Renewal of Deposits
- Company Secretary - Repayment of Deposits
Correspondence with Debentureholders
Correspondence with Depositors
Dividend and Interest
Rizul Bhattacharya after leaving his job wanted to start a Private Limited Company with his son. His son was keen that the company may start manufacturing of Mobile-phones with some unique features. Rizul Bhattacharya felt that the mobile phones are prone to quick obsolescence and a heavy fixed capital investment would be reuired regularly in this business. Therefore he convinced his son to start a furniture business.
Identify the factor affecting fixed capital requirements which made Rizul Bhattacharya to choose furniture business over mobile phones.
‘Best Bulbs Pvt. Ltd. was manufacturing good quality LED bulbs and catering to local market. The current production of the company is 800 bulbs a day. Sumit, the marketing manager of the company surveyed the market and decided to supply the bulbs to five-star-hotels also. He anticipated the higher demand in future and decided to buy a sophisticated machine to further improve the quality and quantity of the bulbs produced.
Identify the factor affecting fixed capital requirements of the company.
Explain the following as factor affecting the requirements of working capital:
Availability of raw material
‘Reliable Transport Services Ltd.’ specialises in transporting fruits and vegetables. It has a good reputation in the market as it delivers the fruits and vegetables at the right time and at the right place.
A state with reason whether the working capital requirements of ‘Reliable Transport Services’ will be high or low.
'Indian Logistics' has its own warehousing arrangements at key locations across the country. Its warehousing services help business firms to reduce their overheads, increase efficiency and cut down distribution time.
A state with reason, whether the working capital requirements of 'Indian Logistics' will be high or low.