TYPES OF WASTE:-
commonly consists of items we use on an everyday basis then dump it. Cloths, paints, wires, glasses, unwanted food, etc come under municipal waste. These waste come from schools, factories, but primarily come from our homes.
Materials like unused food, clothes, unwanted paper, damaged batteries, etc come under household wastes. Agricultural wastes also come under household waste.
Wastes coming from any kinds of businesses, trading factories, schools, etc come under commercial waste.
Waste produced by industries includes any material that isn’t useful for the industrial manufacturing process. Wastes such are chemicals, pigments, ashes, metals, etc come under industrial waste.
Any waste coming from medical facilities such as hospitals, medical colleges, research centers, etc come under biomedical waste.
Harmful effects of agricultural practices on the environment.
- Excessive use of fertilisers changes the chemistry of soil and kills useful microbes.
- Excessive use of non-biodegradable chemical pesticides leads to biological magnification.
- Extensive cropping causes loss of soil fertility.
- Excess use of groundwater for agriculture lowers the water table.
- Agricultural practices lead to some amount of damage to the natural ecosystem/habitat.