Electrostatics of Conductors
why create a profile on Shaalaa.com?
1. Inform you about time table of exam.
2. Inform you about new question papers.
3. New video tutorials information.
- Inside a conductor, electrostatic field is zero
- At the surface of a charged conductor, electrostatic field must be normal to the surface at every point
- The interior of a conductor can have no excess charge in the static situation
- Electrostatic potential is constant throughout the volume of the conductor and has the same value (as inside) on its surface
- Electric field at the surface of a charged conductor
- Electrostatic shielding