Variations in Psychological Attributes
Self and Personality
Meeting Life Challenges
Attitude and Social Cognition
- Introduction to Attitude and Social Cognition
- Explaining Social Behaviour
- Nature and Components of Attitudes
- Attitude Formation and Change
- Prejudice and Discrimination
- Strategies for Handling Prejudice
- Social Cognition
- Schemas and Stereotypes
- Impression Formation and Explaining Behaviour of Others Through Attributions
- Behaviour in the Presence of Others
- Behaviour of Others Through Attributions
- Pro-social Behaviour
Social Influence and Group Processes
Psychology and Life
Developing Psychological Skills
- Four major effects of stress are associated with the stressed state, viz. emotional, physiological, cognitive, and behavioural
- Stress and Health
- General Adaptation Syndrome
- Stress and Immune System
- Examination Anxiety
As per the General Adaptation Syndrome, the individual is ready for fight or flight in the _____________ stage.
Dilip experiences mood swings, and erratic feelings due to the stress he is facing. This refers to the ______ effect of stress.
The following is/are true about stress and the immune system:
- Stress can cause illness by impairing the workings of the immune system.
- The immune system functions to guard the body against attackers, both from within and outside.
- Increased levels of natural killer cell cytotoxicity have been found in people who are highly stressed.
- Studies reveal that immune functioning is better in individuals who do not receive social support.
Choose the correct option: